Don’t eat sketchy fast food a week before you’re due because seriously, the difference between contractions and a bad Big Mac are minimal at best.
PS: It’s also snowing. Awesome.
PPS: Mom and Dad no need to call us in a panic. We’ll let you know if it’s something more substantial than culinary stupidity.
The day started out like most Fridays. I had just dropped Jack off at daycare for the morning and I was settling in for some uninterrupted pissing around on the internet work.
When all of a sudden…
Are you looking for a yummy treat?
Jana’s Unplanned, Half-A$$ed Pumkin Soup Recipe:
• Pumpkins (I think) acquired from lovely event leftovers. (Exclude the baby ones that your 2-year-old adopts.)
• an onion, chopped.
• piece of celery (least skanky in the fridge)
• probably a carrot (I didn’t have one)
• curry powder and paste
• butter and some oil
• slightly petrified cube of unidentified organic stock in the bottom of the spice container.
• pepper and salt
• Saute onion & celery in some butter and oil.
• Peel, gut and cube pumpkins. Realize too late that this takes a long time and should have been done before you put the onions on the stove. Add pumpkins as they’re cut so they all cook at different times.
• Add curry powder. Some. (Kid hid the measuring spoons god-knows-where.)
• Add stock and water. Bring to a boil then turn down and let simmer until you remember that you left this on the stove.
• Add curry paste and (oh-yeah!) peanut butter. Some.
• Puree everything with a hand blender while on the phone long-distance. (Local calls are fine too – use your imagination!)
Add some milk if y’want. Add more curry powder, paste or peanut butter if you think it needs it. Salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with the last few sprigs of cilantro that aren’t puddle of mush in the fridge and the last dollop of only slightly expired plain yogurt.
Enjoy! Now you’ll have enough energy to properly clean your fridge and go shopping!