Posted on | February 21, 2012 | 3 Comments
We lost power for a few hours this morning.
No big deal. They’re changing the power lines on our street so it was bound to happen. When we spend a day at home, we’re pretty good at entertaining ourselves anyway.
So ironically here’s what I got inspired to do while the power was out:
- put a load of laundry in the washing machine and turn it on
- pick out a dvd to watch since the TV “wasn’t working”
- put the baby down for a nap, including trying to heat her bottle and turn on the monitor
- surf the internet
- recharge my laptop because the battery was low
- recharge my dying phone while I was at it
- change the light bulb in the bathroom including trying to test it
- make eggs. (I stopped myself before I cracked any but then proceeded to start to…)
- make soup.
And that was just in the first hour. God I’m awesome. The only break in this display of stupidy-dumb was when I got frustrated and started dressing the kids to go somewhere only to realize that the car was in the shop.
When I had taken the car to the shop two hours earlier?
Who says routines are good for us? They just turn us into idiots.
Or maybe I was already there.
Anyway, here is what we wound up doing in the end.
Yeah. That’s right.
The kids hucked stuff down the stairs and I fell asleep while being the human baby gate.
I heard it’s what they did in the olden days.
You can bet my house was a-hummin’ when the power came back on.
Shoot me a vote if you’re having a similar day. Or even if you’re having a great day and want to make mine a little better. All it takes is a click on the link. Appreciated!